Basic Question: How do I stop SoftLogix from running all the time?

brstilson

I installed softlogix but only to use as an simulator once in a while. However it seems to insist on running in the background all the time. I can't find any settings where to change this. Any tips?

I only know enough to be dangerous here, but I have a SoftLogix5800 engine running on my box. I'll assume you have the same.

If running XP on your box, go to Start/All Programs/Administrative Tools and select Services. From there, scroll down until you find the SoftLogix5800 Slot 1 service (your slot number may be different, depending on where your soft PLC resides in the virtual chassis). If the service is set to start up automatically, try changing Startup Type to Manual. I believe this will do what you want.

Last edited: