Viewing Drawings on RedLion G310

Old No. 7

Has anyone found a good way to put electrical drawings on a G310?

I tried the .pdf viewer, but it is painfully slow. It takes about 10 seconds to open the drawing and another 10 seconds if you zoom in/out. I looked at just showing the drawing as an image, but I don't think you can zoom on an image and the drawings would be difficult to read.

Anyone come up with something better?

the delay is usually due to file size
can you resize to a smaller size or BMP file
there are programs that can reduce picture format sizes
the freeware name eludes me for now

Hello,

You have tried the two options available. The PDF viewer is probably best but as noted might be too slow for the operator. The image could work if the resolution allows it to be viewed properly.

Thanks
Jeremy

the program was GYMP
but may not work for PDFs
I think you mean GIMP: http://www.gimp.org/downloads/
Another one that is simpler and quicker to learn is IrfanView: http://www.irfanview.com/

For resizing graphics in a pdf, you need to work out a compromise between the two file formats as the pdf will embed the graphic and depending on your pdf generation software you may or may not have options to optimize the embedded graphic.