TIA Portal v11 and MP377 simulator

dbozic

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi to all reading this!

I am having problem with my project. I'm working on the TIA Portal V11 and I successfully simulated my program (plc s7-300) with plcsim and basic panel(KTP1000). I need to change the panel to MP377 and try to simulate it. The problem is, start simulation option on the hmi is grayed out. I noticed that all multipanels are grayed out, so I'm curious whether I'm missing something that i cannot find, or starting simulation isn't that simple as in basic panels.

Thanks for your help in advance!

maybe MP377 (and multipanels) are not allowed with basic TIA (don't know which version you have). certain panels need higher licences, like wincc comfort, advanced and pro

Thanks for the reply.
Forgot to mention installed software versions:
TIA Portal: Version V11 SP2 Update 5
Step7 Professional Version V11 SP2 Update 5
Wincc Professional Version V11 SP2 Update 5

I managed to simulate panel over Wincc Flexible Advanced 2008 but I'm still curious why the TIA portal simulation isn't enabled. It would be much easier to work with all in TIA directly.