scope of automation industry

dilliganesh

hi friends, i joined Base automation technologies in india here they using rockwell software for plc programming . here i am learning rockwell software and allen bradley plc.
Now i want to know what is the scope for automation industry and rockwell software ?
if i started my career in this platform means it is good for my future ..... please give some advice for my future

If you learn to drive in a Buick, does it mean you can't drive any other brand of automobile? The basics are the same all over, all you need to do if you're confronted with another brand is to learn the specifics for that brand.

When I was in school PLC wasn't even tought yet (I graduated in 1980). I started out in industry and learned PLC while using it: Philips PC20 family, Siemens S5, S7-200 and S7-300, Allen-Bradley SLC500 and CompactLogix, Omron CQM1 and Mitsubishi FX2N. If they provide me with any other brand, I'll learn. That's what keeps me young!

Regards,

dilliganesh said:
...here i am learning rockwell software and allen bradley plc.
Now i want to know what is the scope for automation industry and rockwell software ?
if i started my career in this platform means it is good for my future ..... please give some advice for my future

As jvdcande has advised you, where, when, and with what you start to learn automation integration is not quite so important. Some manufacturers will of course be more popular than others, especially in certain parts of the world.

Allen Bradley/Rockwell Software is as good a manufacurer to start with as any. They all have their pros and cons. The grounding you'll get using Rockwell will stand to you no matter which brand you may end up predominantly working with.

When I started out, I learned on the original Modicon with the oscilliscope sized porgrammer with a mere 4 element width screen, but the fundamentals of logical programming stuck with me as I progressed to other brands over the years.

Which brands your exposed to for gaining experience will be determined by your career choices. If your providing a service as a contractor, then a good all round knowledge of the various main contenders is a big plus when seeking employment. If your based in a manufacturing plant, as I am now after having been a contractor, then I can say that the exposure to the different brands tends to narrow somewhat, and you'll possibly only be required to know one or two brands to get the job.

I would say that starting your career in this platform will most certainly stand to you in the future.

G.