Cognex Dataman 200 Images To PanelView HMI

rs14smith

I'm trying to figure out how to transfer an image from an FTP server to a PanelView HMI. Cognex allows you to store images on a FTP server, I just do not know how to pull images from that server from within FactoryTalks. Is this at all possible without a lot of headache?

Thanks

Controls Engineer

If you make an Active X control with Visual Basic or some other program language then you can use the plc to set the string for the filename and path you want to link the image to as the current image on the FTP server. The Insight software comes with examples for the micro series cameras where they provide the active X. But I've done it with other Panelview Terminals displaying images before.

You can look at the following Tech articles on the AB Knowlege base.

519753 - Custom ActiveX Write Tag Instructions and Sample for PanelView Plus 6 and Machine Edition 6.x
119862 - Custom ActiveX Control Instructions and Sample for PanelView Plus 6 and Machine Edition 6.0
117498 - Software Development Kit (SDK) for PanelView Plus 6
Good Luck!