Ultra 3000 DSD error #10 help

loundeb2

Hi,
I've attached a copy of the Ultraware program I have for a flying shear cutoff.
The problem I'm having is when they increase the speed of the line, the shear comes out and the drive faults #10 (bus overvoltage). It mentions reducing the acceleration rate. Would disabling the slew limit help this? How do I increase the acceleration without faulting?
Thank You,
Lou

This is a classic "Regeneration" fault- when the drive is decelerated with a too steep of a rate, the system inertia will cause the drive to "inject regenerated voltage" within the drive's DC bus eventually exceeding the rated/allowed maximum level ; your system is either "undersized" for the application's demands or, if there is "room" you could try decreasing the deceleration rate; an externally installed resistive shunt could also alleviate the issue.