Can't open RSLogix 5 program with older version

lmccann

This is my first post on this site and I hope someone can help me out. I have a PLC5 program file saved with RSLogix5 ver 4.10 and I only have ver 2.0.47. Is there anyway someone would be so kind to see if they can open this file and save it as something I might be able to open. Thanks.....LaRoy

Welcome to the forum LaRoy.

There are a couple of options.

1) I printed it as a PDF file. See attachement.

2) I exported it from Logix5 to a PC5 library file. You will need to extract all the files from the attached zip file and open the .PC5 file using your version of Logix5, then follow the import prompts.

If that doesn't work get back to the forum and we'll try an old .x5 file format.

Hope to see more of you around here, this is a great forum.

Thanks very much. I really appreciate you doing this. It is a big help.

The PC5 file loaded ok.

The only thing is that the text descriptions and run comments
did not space correctly and the data file names are missing.

Can you do an ASCII export from Tools/Database?
This will create 4 files with the descriptions that I can import.
That should correct the text spacing.

Thanks....LaRoy

Here...

Edit: I think I duplicated the files, just delete the extras.

Last edited:
That worked great!!!

Thanks for the help.

Now I have to refresh my memory on what I did in this program.
It was only 21 years ago that I wrote it!
Glad I took the time to add the comments.

...LaRoy