RSLogix 5000 Unable to open logic.

micky

Lifetime Supporting Member
Uploaded this project from a PLC that we need to make changes to. I am trying to figure out the reason I am unable to open the actual logic. Do I have the wrong revision or version of RS5000 or is there some sort of protection that is preventing me from opening them? Or did I just not pay attention and uploading the program incorrectly?

2023-03-02 08_34_37-RSLogix 5000 [1769-L35E 19.11].png

What's the error message? For example, I don't have structured text or function block languages installed on this laptop, and it will give an error message in that regard. "Failed to open routine - editor is not installed." in the very bottom left of the application.

The way those routines are grayed out makes me think there is Source Protection. Right-click one of them, open the 'Properties' box and see if at the bottom it says "Logic: Source Not Available"

If so, you won't be able to access it without the Source Keys from whoever programmed it.

The way those routines are grayed out makes me think there is Source Protection. Right-click one of them, open the 'Properties' box and see if at the bottom it says "Logic: Source Not Available"

If so, you won't be able to access it without the Source Keys from whoever programmed it.

This is my vote. Mini is not the issue.

This is my vote. Mini is not the issue.

If I was a betting man I would bet source protection as well.

Source protection it is

2023-03-02 09_57_08-RSLogix 5000.png

Call the OEM and see if they will release the logic

That's my next route.

Though judging by the names the customer called the OEM, I may be putting in a new PLC for the handful of IO that is being added...lol...drama

Last edited: