Unable to edit online w RSLogix 5000

realolman

What is the position of the key switch on the controller? Several people have asked, but I didn't see where you answered.

The key switch is in the run position on one of them for sure.
The other one I don't know.

I have probably edited programs online about 9-10 times on about 6 different controllers. Apparently the key switch was always in rem, and I just didn't notice it.

Frankly, I am rather embarrassed about that. I was not aware that was necessary.

Now you know.

Frankly, I am rather embarrassed about that.
Now you know.

Don't be. I'm sure most of us have been there. I know I have.

We do this to each other at work all the time. I work for an OEM, so we load a lot of controllers. Not too long ago one of the guys in my department switched one to run mid edit. I was standing there yelling "WTF is wrong with this thing... I was just making edits and suddenly the POS is giving me fits". Then in the distance, I see the guy laughing.

It's also funny when you walk away from a program for a minute and someone deletes a JSR. Don't worry, none of these shenanigans are with running equipment.

Don't be embarrassed, the only reason I brought it up the key switch was because it bit me about 2 months ago.

The answer almost always semms easy, once you figure it out.

Hi.

First time using Rockwell a PLC.

How to edit online?
I double click the rung as shown on YouTube tutorial, but nothing happens.

PLC switch: REM position
PLC: Rockwell 5069-L350ERMS3K
Software: Studio 5000 Logix Designer V32.04.00 Full Edition

Remark: Logic > Online Edits are all disabled.

Thank you.