Unable to edit Data Type (AOI) in Studio 5000

rckirkland

Hello,

I have been trying to figure out how to edit data type for an AOI in Studio 5000. I keep getting an error "unable to modify data type because of source key". I found out that since I don't have the source key I can't modify but I heard that all I need to do is export the AOI, modify and then import.

I have exported the AOI with no issue. I tried to modify in Notepad and then import back to AOI but that is not working. I guess I am doing something wrong.

Thanks

Similar Topics

When I open a ME application in Factory Talk View Studio 7 (CPR9 SR6) I can view everything as expected in the explorer window but when I double...
Replies
Views
I am unable to start any online edits, attempting to double click does not work and attempting to right click and select edit rung, but edit run...
Replies
Views
I have a CLX L43 Rev. 15.7 processor that I installed about 6 years ago, the system includes a pair of ENBT's. One of which is dedicated to...
Replies
Views
We got a new computer, and software a few mothes ago and have had plenty o' trouble with them. I know I should be able to edit online with...
Replies
Views
I am running CCW 13 trying to upload to a micro 820 vers.12 I get an output message OPC server is unable to load project controller. Please help!
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom