Soft PLC

DINT2

Hi,

I would like to creat a piece of software ideally in VB language.
Something like Soft PLC.

The idea is to load a PLC code (AB GuardLogix or ControlLogix) and simulate real PLC behaviour and communicate it with HMI and Robots via OPC.

Is it something what already exists ?
Are there any better solutions ?
Is there anything I should change in the idea to make it better ?

That is not a soft-PLC, but a simulated PLC.
Many PLC brands (including Rockwell ControlLogix) have software extensions to their programming software to allow the code to be tested with a simulated PLC.

To make your own simulated PLC that can execute ControlLogix code is a big job.

This very site has its own PLC simulator for training !:
http://www.plcsimulator.net/
It probably does not support OPC or any other connection to external devices though.

I make one PLC with original program
and another with a simulation of the machine.
You would need to change your SoftPLC for every new process.
however yes it is possible, I would use codesys for this version 3

In the case of ControlLogix, there is RSLogix5000Emulate. It's essentially a software rack that you can insert multiple processors, load your program, and run it. Of course, there's no real I/O, so additional PLC code is generally created to simulate real world devices, but it's helpful for fleshing out main functionality and testing with an HMI.