Modem manual help

Oceansoul

I know some people on here have been involved with telemetry systems, so I'm hope someone can help. I'm looking for a manual for Gandalf LDS120E short haul modem. I've scoured the internet but can't find anything. Does anyone have a copy or know where to find one online?

According to wikipedia, newer developments in modem technology in the nineties spelled the end of Gandalf Technologies and they went bankrupt in 1997. A company called Mitel bought out the name and product business, and tried to sell some of their products for a short time, but unsuccessfully.

I've also found it difficult to find a direct manual for that specific modem, but I did find this document...

Meridian MAX 8 Installation Guide

It's a PABX system from Nortel Networks which refers to your modem a bit with regard to cabling and jumper/DIP switch settings. It may be of some use to you?

G.

Gandalf LDS 120E.jpg

Funny, three years to the day (well almost) and i have just found this thread via google. Still looking for info on these stupid old things!