Reed sensor sticking

Juanitop13

Hello, Iam new to the whole PLC world. I am experiencing some problems with 2 wire reed sensors. When the bore of a cylinder is retracted the sensor closes but the sensor at the top end still shows as if it is closed. Is this current leakage? How can I fix the leakage?

I hate those stupid sensors. They get like that and if you put a magnetized screwdriver near them, they will straighten themsleves out, but only until next time. All I know to do is replace them. They seem to fail at an unacceptable rate. Or maybe I just don't know "the trick."

Reed sensors are very feeble, both mechanically and electrically.
Reed sensors wear out after extended use.
My advice is, exchange all reed sensors for new 24V PNP sensors.

turn it around so the magnet field is other way around, the reed switch will be demagnetized. the simple remove is sometimes enough, and yes overcurrent etc.