Contrologix :: Reading Status of Ethernet Card

MOeZ

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello All,

I want to read out Ethernet Module Status of Remote Rack 0 and 1 via my Main Rack. So that i can monitor COM status of my remote racks Ethernet modules. Any suggestion? thanks in advance.o_O

There is a whole reference manual dedicated to various diagnostic monitoring features in the ControlLogix family, and it includes details about using the GSV instruction to read the EntryStatus attribute of the Module object.

Logix 5000 Controllers Controller Information and Status Programming Manual, RA Publication 1756-PM015.

There are easier ways to monitor a remote I/O rack, especially if you have a "Rack Optimized" connection for the discrete I/O modules. Just use the module-defined Slot Status bits. They all go =1 (the whole DWORD value = -1) if the Ethernet connection is lost.

INSTANCE NAME in GSV function, how to use it?

:) Many Thanks Mike and Ken. i will use it GSV function. but What is INSTANCE NAME in GSV function? Thanks!

:) Many Thanks Mike and Ken. i will use it GSV function. but What is INSTANCE NAME in GSV function? Thanks!

In the INSTANCE field you place the NAME of the module you are getting the status of. Use the drop-down and it will give you valid names to choose from.