Red Lion Crimson block data question

dginbuffalo

Hello all. I'm having an issue moving data from a Modbus PLC through a gateway block to the customers BACnet system. The strange part is the binary data is coming through fine, but the analogs are all zeros. I know my analog data is fine on the Modbus end because I am displaying it on the Kadets touchscreen. On the block settings under "tag data", I have it set to "use scaled values". I'm not sure if this is correct since they are not scaled tags. Anyone have any comments on what could be the issue? Thanks in advance.

analog setup.JPG data move.JPG

I've worked with bridging PLC to Bacnet with the Red Lions quite a bit, there are a few little pesky things that may need checked. Can you attach a copy of your program? You might have to zip it.

No I haven't. The integrator on the BACnet side says they should be AI's. I think next time I am onsite I will change it anyways on my end to see if it makes a difference.

I've always used AIs but I think Bacnet is going to be looking for real formatting. Its late so only took a quick look but try the attached for 400020. I created a two tags to convert it to real. I'm not sure I've got the bytes swapped right.

Thanks. I'll check it out next week. I would think even if that was the case, they would show something in those registers- just not the right data.

TWControls is correct that the BacNet data uses Reals. Your gateway blocks will not work as configured. You will need to map your modbus data as reals and then pass it to the BacNet side.

Thanks
Jeremy

What's the easiest way to accomplish this in the Kadet? Can I accomplish it there, and wouldn't I see some type of data on the BACnet side even the way it is?

I haven't been able to get there yet (5 hours away), and I'm hoping when I do that it will be a quick fix. I can't get a internet connection in their building either :(. If I can get their IT department to agree, I may be able to VPN in tomorrow. In your example, you just saved the Modbus tag and then made an internal tag that pointed at the Modbus tag-correct?

JeremyH (or any Red Lion guru)-- how do I map my Modbus data as reals like you said above? I tried the example bit BACnet side still showing a zero

TW- I will post tomorrow, but the Jist of it is I copied your sample and had the customer poll the BACnet register that M400020.real is moved to. They still say it shows zero. When i look at the tag being moved in the watch window, i see 269.