Red Lion Crimson block data question

TWC/JeremyH,
Still having trouble with this. See any issues with attached project? Still no analog data on BACnet side according to integrator. Thanks for any assistance. :(

You are still trying to push an integer over the bacnet network. It is looking for a real. In fact I can't see where that is any different than the first file you posting.

This is closer but you are going to have to try it and report back since I don't have any devices here that speak bacnet. Do you understand the differences between this file and yours and why I setup tags to turn them into real values?

Sorry- too much of a rush. If you look in the database I created another tag like your example. I then moved it into the AI0020 gateway block. I saved and sent it before I completed it.

Here is the latest that Red Lion had me do- I haven't been able to get them to poll it yet. I guess it is the same thing, except they had me make a general tag with "float" in the prefix.

Wow I had to dig into the help contents to find a vague reference to the float(x) cast. Considering there is also a MakeFloat() instruction, I can't say for sure that the float(x) instruction operates as you think it would, otherwise I don't know why they would have both instructions.

The attached models almost identically a successful bacnet setup I've done. I had to do some scaling on mine but my understanding yours doesn't need it. I made 0-1000 integer from the modbus equal to 0.0-1000 real on the bacnet. I think this would be a better starting point.

That's straight what I got from Redlion. They haven't given me any warm and fuzzy feelings as I have reached out to them a few times. I'll take a look at your latest in the morning. Thank you much!

Bacnet is a tricky protocol, I wouldn't completely blame the guys at Red Lion. They are about as good as they come as far as support.

I am at home today (snow day with the kids, saw an email from Tim when setting my out of office), so I have not looked at your file; but if you want to transfer integer values to a BACnet device, you can just change the Data Type setting of your gateway block's start address to Long as Long. That will auto-typecast the data without the need for scaling or formulas.

As far as Float vs. MakeFloat, Float type casts (1 integer becomes 1.0 floating point). MakeFloat doesn't touch the bit structure, it could be used if you are writing some kind of custom, binary based, raw serial/TCP driver. You would shift and add the bytes, then use MakeFloat to allow Crimson to treat it as a floating point number as opposed to an integer.

Regards,
Dan

Dan,
I've done some heavy remote testing through a VPN this morning. I deleted the BACnet slave and made it a master just so I could create tags that pointed at the bacnet addresses. Here's what I found:

**No matter what approach I use- I cannot get data through a block and into bacnet test tag AI0020. If I make it a real, word as long, make float,etc..... see capture 1

**If I save as a float and transfer through datablock to bacnet test AV0020, it appears I get good data into the tag... see capture 2

Capture1.JPG Capture2.JPG

What are they using as the master? I made a few small tweaks (IP address and made one tag internal) to your database and was able to discover the G3, all of its data points, and read the 1 value (correctly) using BACnet QuickTest on my PC.

Dan-the Bacnet integrator went to the site and was able to see the data on the AV's. I am not sure why when we tried to send data to the AI's none it was displayed-it was all zeroes. You may want to try to move the data to AI's and see what you get. I had no luck and am sticking to the AV registers before I'm out of a job!!(y) Thanks for your assistance.

Not sure if this is similar to a problem I had. Gateway tags set to automatic update were leaving my integers at last value and not upodating. I Set the update policy to continuous and no further problems, perhaps you could try the same.