Wonderware with HIMA OPC Server

D.Chris

Greetings PLC experts, this is my first post and I desperately need some help here..

Here's my problem, I have a small system of a HIMA safety PLC with a mounted panel PC as HMI using wonderware. Data transfer between both of them is using HIMA OPC Server. I've managed to get the data read working nicely, but when I want to give command to PLC (write from wonderware to PLC) the diagnostic in the FSgateway tell me "DEMAND TO WRITE ERROR", the error comment is something in this line "access right is not allowed".

I searched the net about OPC access right and found that it is the read only, write only, or read/write status of the tags. The problem is those status is configured correctly in my OPC server, and still I cannot change the value of the tags from wonderware. Any idea how to solve this?

Regards,
Daniel

Daniel,

I suppose it's HIMA HIQuad (H41q/H51q) you're talking about, correct?

In the HIMA HIQuad communication variables can be defined as "import", "export" or "import/export". When the type is wrong also the HIMA OPC Server cannot write to an export defined variable and will reply with an error message to the OPC client. In most cases its good practice to define communication variables for import (the client writes to the server) as "import/export" so that client can also read back.

Have you tried write access with an independent OPC test client (like Softing OPC Demo Client which i personally prefer)? This tells you if the problem is more on the client or more on the server side.

By the way: you can contact HIMA support ([email protected]) free of charge and they will also help you.

Regards,
Uwe

Hai Marter and All of you,

I have same HIMA HIQuad (H41q/H51q) PLC, I need to tagging with WonderWare 9.5 version SCADA Screens through the OPC Server Can u please Explain Elaborately i.e; Step by step procedure...Please...