RS Logix5000 Ladder Programming, Program Testin

LangMichael

Hy!

I´m just starting to program a GuardLogix PLC.
After I wrote my first few programs I downloaded and wanted to try my program!

My problem: If I have a simple rung with a Normally Open Contact and a Coil, the coil doesn´t get true if I toggle the bit of the NO.

Why does this not work? Is there anything important I should know?

The only thing I found out is, that it works with the Main Routines (Standard and Safety) but not in the Routine´s which I add!

How should I test my program, if this is not possible? (It´s my first contact with GuardLogix; Did only program B&R until now)

Would be thankful for any help or information

In general, each Program in a ControlLogix executes only the Main Routine. You will see a little "1" icon for the Main Routine, which designates that it has been chosen as the Main Routine for that Program. This is configured in the Program Properties window for that Program.

Any other Routines in each Program need to be called by a Jump to Subroutine (JSR) instruction from the Main Routine. They are not scheduled by their order in the list or by any other configuration method.

It is very common for a Main Routine to consist of very little except a series of JSR instructions to execute all the routines in the Program in order.

Thanks for the answer! Looks like I have to go back and look on the basics of ladder programming!!

As I see I need Input Par and Return Par for a "JSR"! But until now I do not plan to exchange any data between the routines!?
Because I thought that I will write a single routine for every machine in our laboratory!
Do I have to live with the fact, that I have to define Input and Return Parameters?
Do I have to jump back to the MainRoutine or is this automaticaly done?

thank you very much for the help!

If you don't need the Input or Output parameters the right-click on top of them and choose delete parameter.

The jump back will happen automatically when it reaches the end.