Updating time through Ladder in Logix5000

xetrov123

So I have been updating the time to remote radio connected PLCs (Micro 1500s) by using move statements to the "S" registers. After using google for a while, I don't see a way to do the same in Logix5000. I am assuming there has to be a way to use a SSV command.... Does anyone have experience in this?

I just saw this post
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=85727

Last edited:
Yes, you need to set the values in a DINT[7] array

[0] Year
[1] Month
[2] Day
[3] Hour
[4] Minute
[5] Seconds
[6] uSeconds

Then use an SSV to set that into the DateTime attribute of the WallClock

It must be a DINT[7] source, or it will fail.

You can simplify this by creating a UDT containing 7 DINTs.

Name the members...
.Year
.Month
.Day
.Hour
.Minute
.Second
.uSecond

The SSV and GSV will not care if the send/recieve data is a DINT[7} array, or a UDT tag, providing it is the same "size and shape".