Profinet communication

Getho

Hello,
Im using an IHM (for example Profave) whitch communicates with A Siemens S7315 PLC thru Profinet I/O.
It works well.
I tried to know what is realy exchanged on ethernet during the 10 first messages. I have captured them with wireshark.
Can someone explain thir content?
Getho

Hi

Sorry to answer a question with a question but why would you want to know that.
Sorry but I can not answer your question as I do not know.
At a guess it would be connection status maybe.

Donnchadh

Hi
In one unique case i have to connect the same IHM with the same program on another component than the S7 PLC.
It is a CRIOcard of National instrument on witch i can freely program TCP connaction.
So my programm has to connect cleanly to the IHM.
Therefore i have to understand the meanings 4 messages follwing the ARP connections:
ARP -->who is?
ARP --->I am
Getho

Realy Thanks to Marcious

I will try the link.

It isn't easy jo join somebody who knows about Profinet.
It's like a bottle in the see.
Maybe somebody will reply.

Getho

You will get a medal if you manage to reverse engineer the Profinet protocol by just looking at wireshark data intercepts.

I think you have to look into if your NI hardware or software can be a standard Profinet IO Controller. I think NI can be an OPC client, so you could use an OPC Server that acts as the Profinet IO Controller, probably via a dedicated Profinet card.

Hi JesperMP,

Im happy to see that you exacly discribed the matter.

On my NI program I have the OPC client programm. It works well.

The IHM is Proface in fact it is OKASU (a japanies company)
But it's not sure that it uses an OPC protocol.
Maybe its another one from Siemens.

As you guessed I would like to write the corresponding server.
Have you an idee how i could go ahead?

Getho

Hi MARCIUS

Thanks, you link describes the 2 first exchanges who are ARP protocol frames.
In fact i have some problems with the following ones.

They seem to exchange the port numbers.
I dont know if it is a standard TCP procedure or if it is specific to Siemens.

Im new on this Site
how can i join a Wiresharkcapture to my messges

Im very pleased of the quality of all the replies i read here.

Getho

If the IHM device is a Profinet IO Device, then you can use any software and hardware that can be a Profinet IO Controller.

One suggestion:
Siemens CP1612 card plus Softnet PNIO software (6GK1704-1HW08-2AA0) as OPC Server.

Profinet uses UDP not TCP that may be why you are missing the data, where in wireshark are you looking for the data?