FactoryTalk Historian Points does not update values

PChou

I am currently trying to display a set of historian points in a trend on FactoryTalk SE. I have 7 historian points added. The weird thing is that, 4 of the points does not change values even if the tag value in the PLC is changing. I added all the points at the same time and its weird that 3 of them works but not the others. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be very much appreciated. (y)

Thanks

Welcome to the Forum!
It will be a lot more efficient if the OP contains a little more info about yor system's setup.
From what it has been posted I understand that you are recording floor CPUs data within a historian database (is it the FactoryTalk Historian SE?)and then you are "retrieving" the FTH SE logged data within a FactoryTalk View SE application which does not reflect the originating data change.
Is this correct or you are using a FactoryTalk VantagePoint Trend to "visualize" the historian system logged data?

Hi thank you for your welcome.

I am indeed using FactoryTalk Historian SE, retrieving it with FactoryTalk Studio SE to display a live trend. It is just weird that some data can be displayed with no problem while a few simply would not change its value to reflect the changes in RS Logix5000 tag values.

I'd start troubleshooting at the source of the data the FTV SE is trying to trend, source which is the FTHistorian SE system; you will have to first make sure that the data is being "collected" by the Historian database.
Open up the FTH PI System Management Tools utility and within the lower left pane System Management Plug-Ins list choose the Data Plug-In and then the Recorded Values interface.
Do a Search and choose the Historian SE system Data Points' Tags you are trying to trend within the FTV SE system over a time period which is sufficient for determining the "collection" functionality.
If the Historian database reveals records of succeessfully recording of the said floor CPU tags then I would look into the configuration differences between the Historian "tags" which are properly trending within the FTV SE and the ones that are not.
For Historian Tags configuration use the PISMT utility Point/Point Builder Plug-In; after any Point Builder editing, make sure you Save the changes; I'd put side-to-side a "good" Historian "tag" and a "bad" one and configure the un-functional one identically to the ones you are able to trend within the FTV SE system.

Very grateful for your reply.

I have followed the steps you mentioned above. However, in the Data Plug-In i did not have the choice to choose Recorded Values. As a result, i went in current values and added my points that are of interest. I noticed that whenever i hit refresh, the Timestamp of the Bad point would never match the Good point. The Good point upon fresh will always follow the PC clock but the Bad point does not (the time is always slower than the other) . That might be the issue for me.

I checked the tags in the Point Builder and everything seems to be the same. Just don't know what would cause the two tags to synchronize differently.

That's a new one...:unsure:...The Data/Recorded Values Plug-In is a "staple" within the FTH system administratiuon tools...Maybe the PISMT is not installed properly....
However, "Bad" points is as bad as it gets...:D...It means that the respective points are not being "archived" by the Historian SE.
Run the Points/Stale and Bad Points Plug-In and confirm if the points are really "bad"... probably they are...
I don't see any other solution but trying to Restart the FTLD interface from within the FT Admin Console Connections/Historical Data/Production Historian- right-click FTLD Properties Stop and then Start (be careful, all data collection will be interrupted!).
If this fails, you will have to Delete the "bad" points (PISMT Point Builder) and then re-add them using the FT Admin. Console/Add Individual Historian Points interface.
If you haven't previously attempted the latter solution, I would ask for "knowledge-able" help...(y)

Hi, I'm currently having an issue were points that I've created are stuck on a value of "PT Created" and are designated as stale and bad points. I've forced a shift of the primary archive and have deleted and recreated the points however have had little success. I was just wondering if this is similar to your issue and if so, how did you resolve it?
Thanks.

Last edited:
I had the same issue, changing sharing settings in ethernet properties to allow resolved my issues. I know this is an old thread but it came up when I searched so I figured id contribute