Red Lion G3 - external web site

AdrianEL

Hi all,

I want to be able to show the value of a couple of Tags on our Red Lion G3 panels on a publicly accessible external web site. I need to be able to do this without having to log into the G3 (because of the security risks). Anyone know if / how I could make the G3 send data to an external site or alternatively if it is possible to use the G3 'Custom Page' without having to log in and without allowing access to any of the other G3 pages? I did look at the SQL functions of the G3 but these seem to back up the entire database and also are slow (maximum once per hour) and I would like to see the updates at least every 5 minutes.

For a super basic method create a custom page, they do not require login.

As you browse your "Data Tags" there is a "Tag XX" in the top right corner. This XX is the tag number. Wherever you want the tag, but [XX].

For a super basic method create a custom page, they do not require login.

As you browse your "Data Tags" there is a "Tag XX" in the top right corner. This XX is the tag number. Wherever you want the tag, but [XX].

Thanks for the reply - we do have a custom page but it definately asks for the same log in as the main page of the G3

Oh so you are using the built in web pages as well to change tag values? It is asking for login information because you have Basic or Digest for the Authentication of the Web Server on the Security Method.

There is an alternate method but isn't as easy as this.