micrologix 1200 strings !

markymark31

Guys,

I need to store 10 x program names in 10 x strings that can then be viewed on a panelview display. I can do the panelview part (I think !).

Is there an easy way to get "PROGRAM 1" into say ST9:0 without having to go through converting integers to ascii and copying etc. as this is the only way I can see in the book to do it ?

Thankyou,

Mark.

just type it in

If your processor supports ST files then you just type the letters
PROGRAM1 in to the ST file from the data table screen.
If it does not then you just type it into the N file.
Change the radix to ASCII on the data table screen.

Is there a reason you can't just cross reference? For example, use a multistate indicator tied to an integer.

A "1" in the PLC indicates "Program 1" on the multistate indicator.
A "2" in the PLC indicates "Program 2" on the multistate indicator.

etc.

If you don't need the string in the PLC, why jump through any hoops to develop it . . .

Marc

If you are trying to enter 10 strings on the Panelview to go into the PLC, you can use 10 ASCII ENTRY objects, each with a different CHARACTER ARRAY-type tag. Each tag will point to a different register in ST9:.

I don't remember if you want to use an Array Size of 1 or 40 or 41 or 82 in the tag definition (lower right-hand corner) when working with ST files. A little trial and error should tell you.