Array cleaning in beckhoff

B_BYTE

Hello evryone,

I have a question about cleaning an array in my programm (Beckhoff)

How can i delete the values in an array?

It must be set to 0.

It sounds like prefer something similar to the "Redim" statement in VB.net, which will set all values to 0 (unless you add "Preserve"). I don't think there is anything similar in PLC Structured Text. I was told that arrays cannot be dynamically dimensioned. It seems you will have to loop thru the array in a For statement and set each term to 0, which takes 3-4 lines of code.

This is the fastest and easiest way as you are using pointers and memory addresses:

Code:
MEMSET(ADR(ArrayVariable), 0, SIZEOF(ArrayVariable));

Good luck!

joan is fast way, not 61131 anyhow.
see for othe solutions www.oscat.de nice library for codesys.
the best way is to use a loop.
it is not needed as the data will be overwritten when you fill it again, the memory is still occupied. and you can better clear it after use directly.