B&R comms error

grommit

Hi fellow problem magnets,

I have several B&R CP units on site of type CP476, CP260 & CP474. When I try to communicate with the CP474 or CP476 units the downloading software communicates to start with then during the software download the unit stops communicating with the laptop and I have a comms error.
I am using windows XP, B&R software and a Null modem cable connected to com port 1 on the laptop and the RS232 com port on the units. I now have three units which i cannot communicate with.
Has anyone came across this issue? 🤞🏻

regards
Dave

Hello, here is something you could try;

RIGHT CLICK MY COMPUTER > PROPERTIES > SYSTEM PROPERTIES > HARDWARE TAB > DEVICE MANAGER > PORTS (COM & LPT)
> DOUBLE CLICK ON COM PORT YOUR USING > (COM#) PROPERTIES > PORT SETTINGS TAB > ADVANCED ICON > DRAG RECIEVE
and TRANSMIT BUFFER SLIDERS TO THEIR LOWEST SETTING > CLICK OK > CLICK OK > CLICK OK

Hi fellow problem magnets,

I have several B&R CP units on site of type CP476, CP260 & CP474. When I try to communicate with the CP474 or CP476 units the downloading software communicates to start with then during the software download the unit stops communicating with the laptop and I have a comms error.
I am using windows XP, B&R software and a Null modem cable connected to com port 1 on the laptop and the RS232 com port on the units. I now have three units which i cannot communicate with.
Has anyone came across this issue? 🤞🏻

regards
Dave

Hello,
in case you are using PG2000 there is problems in communicating straight via RS232 of the computer.
PG2000 is a DOS program and XP does not allow RS232 access in a good way.

Since long we are using DosBox (in case you need, please google) in combination with PG2000.

In case you are using AS it should work ... ??

BR
BB