module status over EthernetIP with PLC5

Jean-Luc

Hello,
I have to control a RFID module with an enhanced PLC5, by EthernetIP. To do that, I will add an 1785-ENET card in the PLC's rack, using channel 3.
For the same module with ControlLogix, It's possible to get the connection status by an GSV instruction with an attribute EntryStatus. Do you know if exists an equivalent way to get this information with a PLC5 controller ?

Thanks for any response

The PLC-5E and 1785-ENET module do not have the same I/O scanning or EtherNet/IP messaging features as the ControlLogix has.

Because there is no I/O connection, there is no equivalent connection status object. Typically devices that use MSG instructions rely on the /DN and /ER bits of the MSG instruction to determine the network status of the device.

You need to consult carefully with the RFID device maker to find out if their device is compatible with a PLC-5's Ethernet messaging capabilities.

Thank you Eddie,

According to the documentation of manufacturer, the module can work with PLC-5 ethernet messages (depend of series). It can write/read the I/O by messages (PLC5 typed write and typed read) with "IO" target. I just hoped it was possible to do the same with the connection's status using an equivalent message fof GSV/EntryStatus.

So, I will test the .ER bits of the MSG to check the connection.