PLC ladder Program

Hani Abdullah

Hello Everyone. I have this question as my project with which i am having trouble . I just need guidance that how to start doing this. I am totally confused in it and don't know how to work with it this time. Please help me

qs.jpg

Hints:

A problem like this requires you to think of states / sequence. Start with defining states then moves on to define what cause the system to move from one state to another.

I can start the state definition for you, you can finish it..

Let's call it state A as the initial condition and B for the second condition:

so

[A] = all lights off
= Light 1 ON, all other off
[C] = ??

get the idea?

it is a stepsequence.
step 0 is start, is activated when plc starts. (find the onetimecontact)
step1 gets active after two transitions: when switch is on, and when switch is off again.

Because you cannot use timers or counters, you need a substitute for a counter. Use a "word address" N7:0 as a Step or Position Pointer. Each time your Step Switch I:000/3 goes ON, ADD 1 to N7:0. (Math instructions were not forbidden)!

Use comparison instructions (<, =, >, LIM) to turn on the Pilot Lights when N7:0 = Step Number.

When I:000/3 is ON, use a One-Shot ONS B3:0/0, and Add 1 to N7:0
When N7:0 = 1, OTE O:000/05
When N7:0 = 2, OTE O:000/04
When N7:0 = 3, OTE O:000/03
When N7:0 = 4, OTE O:000/02
When N7:0 = 5, Do Nothing: OTE B3:0/1
When N7:0 = 6 OR I:000/06 is ON, Move 0 to N7:0

Last edited:
I cannot open your file. I think my Internet Explorer is too old. If you follow my directions in Post #9 for using a "word counter" step by step, you should have Rungs 000 to 006, and it does work.

Lights but No Counters- Rungs 000 to 002.JPG

Last edited:
Hani,
I am sorry, but your logic will not work. First, your instuctions say that you only have TWO switches, I:000/03 STEP, and I:000/06 RESET. You have used 3 Inputs that your problem did not allow. Go back to my Post #9 and #12 and study the logic and duplicate that in your program.

Can you please upload it again? Its not showing the whole image
No, and I did not mean to show the whole image. I think that you should be able to figure out the rest for yourself, if you read Post #9 again. There are only 3 more rungs (000 to 006).

Here is the picture of it sir. Its in RsLogix5
RSLogix5 has some differences from RSLogix500. In RSLogix 5, for your Rung 000, use a ONS instruction, address B3:0/0.

Well I will be nice and have pity on the sad, helpless, hopeless students.:cry: Here are the last 2 rungs in RSLogix5.

Lights but No Counters- Rungs 005 to 006.JPG

Last edited: