Siemens Step7 Micro/WIN installation issues

AutomationTechBrian

Lifetime Supporting Member
Just when you think your problem is solved..... new problem!

My Siemens rep came through with with the Step7 Micro/WIN software I needed for a project. Here's what he did:

1. Told me to download the Service Packs 8 and 9 from the website.
http://support.automation.siemens.c...lib.csinfo&lang=en&objid=58523240&caller=view

2. Sent me Microwin.exe file to use as a "key" to allow the install (see the bottom of the page, above, for the instructions: "INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS with a simultaneous change of the operating system"

I'm using Windows 7 on a 64 bit laptop, so SP9 is the correct version.

Gmail wouldn't allow the microwin.exe file to email, so he renamed it to .txt, and I renamed it to .exe when I received it.

I "unblocked" the downloads in Windows 7, then unpacked the zipped SP8-9 download.

I started installation (setup.exe) and the installer started looking for the microwin.exe file. It says it cannot find it, and asks for me to locate the folder where it's located. I made a folder with only that 1 file in it and highlighted that folder. It says it cannot find the file and terminates installation.

The Siemens rep doesn't know why this doesn't work. I can't find it on the internet, either.

Any thoughts on why this isn't working?

4UnableToFind.png searching.png SelectDirectory.png 3Siemens.png FileLocation.jpg

I do not at the moment. The rep is trying to duplicate my experience at his office with a different laptop.

....and he just called me. It works for him. So, he's sending me a disc to a branch office, and I'll pick it up after a service call tomorrow.