Converting CPU 315 to DP Slave

waqasktk

Hi Everyone,
My problem is that when I convert CPU 315-2AF03-0AB0 to DP Slave it gives bus fault error and I have attached the picture of hardware diagnostics which shows "Module not available". I am trying to connect it siemens plc as dp slave to sycon dp master module.

Please help am in a real mess here.

Regards,
Waqas Habib.

Error.jpg

Is the sycon master connected and configured ?
You must import a GSD file for the 315-2DP as slave into the sycon configuration. Have you done that ?
And you have to configure the number of i/o that has to be transferred to/from the master in both S7 configuration and sycon configuration. Have you done that ?
And notice that the i/o must be mirrored in the two system. Inputs in S7 must be outputs in sycon and vice-versa.

I have attached two images 1st shows the configuration of sycon dp and the second shows configuration of the plc side. As soon as I convert plc from dp master to slave it gives bus fault error diagnostics show that dp module not available and in the sycon dp master module the dp communication led is off.

Are all your questions answered?

Sycon.jpg PLC.jpg

The sycon picture is too big. The website resizes it to 840x500 so the details are lost.
Make a smaller screenshot of only the relevant information.

I can just barely see in the sycon picture that the S7 is DP node # 3.
Is that also the address used in the S7 ?
Do you have the same bus paramaters in both project, baudrate etc ?

Please check the screenshots again. Yes the plc dp address is 3. Baud rate is 1.5 mbps in plc and sycon dp master. What other parameters are you asking about?

Sycon1.jpg Sycon2.PNG

I think that the sycon setup looks OK. Except I dont understand that there are 3 entries called slave_0 in the middle window. And they have different data lenghts. I dont have personal experience with sycon so I just have to say "it could be right".

I suggest to check the hardware, if the software side is OK.
Do you have some DP communication hardware with diagnostics function ? CP5611, CP5711, CP5622 etc ? These can show you if the bus parameters are correct, and if the master and slaves are present on the network.

Also check the cable and connectors. Properly connected at both ends ? Terminations OK ?

Unfortunately I cannot communicate outside the forum.

Those entries you are talking about are list of modules we can select from. The window under that contains our selected window. In which I have selected only one window. I have CP 5611. I have attached that pc to repeater which connects both the plc and dp master module. but it shows only the plc node address which is 3 and it is not showing the node address of dp master module which is 1. But the terminations and cable connections look ok.
What else should I check?

I connected CP 5611 in the repeater (972-0aa01-0ab0) dp port and and did hardware diagnostics and the screenshot is attached. I don't know why I can't see the sycon dp master. Should I remove the repeater?

Diag.jpg

Keep the repeater.
It is definitely a problem that the CP5611 cannt "see " the sycon master.

Go to the sycon masters DP port, remove the DP connector and cable, and connect the CP5611 card directly to the sycon with a new cable. Use the "grey cable" that comes with the card.
Then repeat the diagnostics with the CP5611 card.
That should tell you if the problem is with the cable/connector or with the sycon master.

edit: You can also connect the CP5611 card to the connector cable at the sycon end. Can the CP5611 still "see" the 315-2DP slave ?

The sycon master is not visible with slave configured in it. but when the i remove the slave cpu from its configuration then it becomes visible to the pc. The cpu is visible at the sycon end at all times.

Yes you were right this was sycon's problem. Its baud rate was fixed not changing even when I changed it in the configuration. Now my client had previously connected this to a pc station via cp 5611. But as now plc is a dp slave so will he be able to use all the parameters(db variables,I/O's) which he was previously using or only the one's that are present in transfer area now. I mean will the pc be able to access the plc like it did before on the same hmi ?

The PC will be able to access the memory of the PLC if in the setup of the 315-2DP as DP slave "Test, Commisioning, Routing" is enabled.
The Bus Patameters should be set to "Standard" not "DP".