Cimplicity 8.2 viewer high CPU usage

mbartoli

We are just ready to roll out a new server/viewer architecture in Cimplicity 8.2 SIM 23. We have two workstations in the control room that each have 4 monitors (2 30" and 2 24") on dual nVidia Quadro NVS 295 video cards. With 4 screens open, I note that our CPU usage is typically between 40 and 50%, and performance is suffering. I have decreased the screen resolution from the default of 2560 x 1600 to 1280 x 960; it is an improvement, but the CPU usage is still over 40%. We had no such issues (that we could see) under Cimplicity 8.0 server, running on the same hardware; Dell T3500, Xeon 2.4 GHz processors, 24 GB RAM. Our Dell PowerEdge servers are showing < 4% CPU usage with the same 4 screens open, and no high-power video cards.

More information; I connected one of the old workstations (Dell T3500, Xeon 2.4 GHz, 2 GB RAM, nVidia Quadro NVS 295, CIMP 8.0, SIM 25) and opened 4 of the most heavily populated process screens. CPU usage is ~10%.

Anyone run into anything similar that could shed some light on this?
confused.gif

Last edited: