Panelview 1000ce

Joker460

I've been approached by a former client. They have been using a panelview 1000ce for the last 6 years. They say that the response time is getting longer and that some of the screen touch buttons require several taps to be recognized. Is this just use and age? Does it require that the panelview be replaced?(costly).

Any ideas.

Thanks in Advance

Hi

I can't say i have seen that one before but could it be your Ethernet network has a problem. Maybe worth spending a little time checking it out before you replace the unit

Donnchadh

If it were just the touchscreen becoming unresponsive, I would say it's wear or damage.

But if the overall system is appearing to be "less responsive" I'd say there is a communication network problem and the data exchange with the controllers is slowing down.

One of the nice things about embedded systems is that they don't tend to fragment or slow down like general-purpose PCs do because they don't get loaded with new applications or updates all the time.