LVD-800 Series

tongpakfu

I'm doing a school project and I'm trying to understand how the tandem wiring diagram(page 6) work and also how to connect the relay outputs(page 7) from the sensors to the plc unit. Can someone help explain them a little bit? From what I know most plc units take 24VDC for digital and 4-20mA for analog. The relay output from the sensor according to the users manual is SPDT; 5A @ 250 VAC, 30 VDC max. Do I need to connect anything in between the relay output and the plc unit since the output is so high so the plc unit doesn't get fried or anything?

The way I see the wiring diagram it's comfusing to me in a bit. I just use one wire from the common and one wire for the NO terminal of the Fault and Sense output. Instead of wiring like the manual shows I just to make each Fault and Sense output as a single switch of being on or off and not even use the NC Fault and Sensor outputs.

This is the link to the sensor users manual: http://www.omega.com/manuals/manualpdf/M4170.pdf

Last edited: