Splitting resolver signals

Plc_User

I want to trace the motion of an old machine, to finally retrofit the machine with new drives and motion controller.
The motors have resolver feedback and are connected to old Elau drives which we dont have software of.
Can I split off the resolver signal to a new drive system in which I can do tracing?
Won't that cause troubles in the old drives?
How about the impedance of the signals? Is it allowed anyway?
Or do I need to use splitters (if that exists?)
So, can i connect one resolver to two drives?

I want to trace the motion of an old machine, to finally retrofit the machine with new drives and motion controller.
The motors have resolver feedback and are connected to old Elau drives which we dont have software of.
Can I split off the resolver signal to a new drive system in which I can do tracing?
Won't that cause troubles in the old drives?
How about the impedance of the signals? Is it allowed anyway?
Or do I need to use splitters (if that exists?)
So, can i connect one resolver to two drives?

This isn't much help, but for pulse encoders, BEI makes a gadget called a BROADCASTER, which does what you need. Somebody here will know of a resolver broadcaster, for sure.

i think there are stand alone servo drives with modern technology can deal with the resolver signals easily like Lenze 9300 servo inverter , uni-drive Sp from emerson automation
, parker , rexroth servo , Baumuller servo , Baldor servo and so on
another solution you can search the web for a signal conditioner to convert from resolver to encoder digital signals

Does anybody know if it is possible whatsoever to read in a resolver signal if the receiving module is not the source for the excitation of the resolver (excitation is from another module or drive)?

Resolver produces current output, so you can theoretically connect it in series and have secondary reading. There are also resolver to digital converters, which can be used for reading.

Resolver produces current output, so you can theoretically connect it in series and have secondary reading. There are also resolver to digital converters, which can be used for reading.

How could I accomplish that : 'connect it in series and have secondary reading'?

Regarding C400 IP Address change

I was total new to Elau programming. During set up C400 controller, the default IP address of C400: 192.201.100.100. I make use of NetManager to edit the address to 172.20.84.254. the address display on C400 changed. however, after i use EPAS-4 to 'open project from pLC'. Under 'controller configuration'->general, the IP address is still remain '192.201.100.100'. Please advice how to change the address, thank you

Regarding C400 Setup

After i power on the C400 controller, By pass Sercos by wire a fibre cable from X14 to X15. However, the 'err' led is still blinking. I can't 'login' in the EPAS,
My question is: How to clear the err? because of X20 profibus? if yes, how can i bass it so that i can login to the EPAS. thank you