Wonderware 10.0 Screen Updates

Wormfood

I have two Wonderware nodes that are running on older Dell OptiPlex 280GXs. Over the last two months I have been running into an issue where if the screens have not been changed in a while the current screen will close and the new screen will take anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds to open (I personally have not seen the longer times usually just the 4-5 seconds). Anyone have any ideas how to overcome this issue?

Thanks!

What i normally find with screen loading issues that is either one of two things.

1. Binding references or scripts executing. When there are too many binds you normally get a slow load time.

2. Machine issues,memory leaks ect.

If you have plenty of digital binds. It will take some time to do all the references. I have used bit references in words to overcome this issue. Word.01 for example. This means for 16 bit displays i do 1 bind.

In System Platform 2014 they have a utility which calculates how efficient your page has been built. It counts the references/binding animations and everything associated with the page.

It is a great tool to guide developers on how efficient thir symbols/binds are.