Panelbuilder32 problem

RAJ CHHASATIA

Hello Guys,

I am using Panelbuilder 32 very first time. I always use Factory Talk View Studio. We have some old program in Panelbuilder32 and now I need to add some maintained pushbuttons and status indicators.

I already added it and assigned bit address like B15:4/6 to B15:4/12 . When I try to save them or download , It gives me these errors for all new created tags ...... "Error (9075), This tag does not have valid address in the terminals assigned Discrete rack or block transfer channels." I tried to assgned same as Factory talk View Studio software.

i am very new to this field as just graduated. Thank you very much guys

Need help

Post the exact part number of your PanelView terminal so we can be certain which protocol it is using. The communication protocol is called out in the part number.

The error message you are getting suggests that you're using a PanelView that is equipped with Remote I/O (RIO) protocol.

The addressing for RIO terminals is more restrictive than it is for terminals that have a general-purpose network like DH485, DH+, or Ethernet. You can't access all data tables in the PLC.

Instead, you can access an I/O data table or a Block Transfer data memory area.

It's been long enough since I worked with RIO and PanelBuilder32 that I can't give addressing advice off the top of my head.

If you can post the *.PBA file, folks may be able to take a look at it and explain where the PLC data is likely to line up with the tags inside the PanelBuilder32 project.

It will also help to know which type of PLC and RIO scanner you're using. RIO protocol goes back to 1978 and has been used on many different A-B controller platforms.

P.S. Thanks for creating a new thread !

Panelbuilder 32 difficulty

Thank you Ken ....

Please see attached picture for part number and information. We are using PLC 5/40 for this.

Yes, My panelview is using RIO communication protocol.

Thanks guys again !!!

image.jpg

Panelbuilder 32 difficulty

I tried to upload *PBA file but some how , this webpage says that that's invalid file. May be due to PBA formate ??

That's y , I took picture of error page and upload it here. I am getting these errors. Please see attached picture.

Photo 2014-04-01, 11 00 11 AM.jpg

*.PBA or *.PVA files need to be put into a ZIP archive before you can attach them to the Forum thread.

This is an application that has clearly been modified over the years because it's not using very efficient data management. But it's what you have to work with.

You need to find data element for your new tags that fit into the Discrete I/O data table for Rack 01, or into one of the Block Transfer data blocks that is being exchanged between the PLC-5 and the PanelView 550.

I am attaching a screenshot illustrating how the Discrete I/O configuration and how the Block Transfers look when you address them in the Tag Database.

I recommend finding some un-used elements in one of the block transfers to use for your new tags. Sorting the Tag Database on the Address column is the first step to finding which words in each Block Transfer datablock are un-used.

RIO_Addressing_Example2.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you very much Ken

I will do it today. But just wanted to know that I have bit address (LIKE B15:4/6). And block transfer is using address starting with N.

Should I change my PLC program bit address to N ? or there is any way ?

You have to choose addresses that are already part of those Integer (N) data blocks but are not already in use by other tags.

For most purposes, B and N files are interchangeable. You could replace your "Bxx:4/6" with "Nxx:4/6" anywhere in the program.

While the data files are not as efficient as they could be, they are fairly well utilized. How many words of data do you need ?

It looks like N19:962 through N19:967 are unused but are part of the last Block Transfer Write, so that's data that is written from the PLC-5 to the PanelView for display on the PanelView.

Last edited:
Thank you very much Ken
Glad to have nice brilliant guys like you !!

I am not even using whole word, m using from B15:4/6 to B15:4/12 only.

just want to ask that...In my Program, I checked that...I am not using N19:990 TO N19:999

If I enable 10 of block transfer with address n19:990 and give length 10 ?

Would it work ?

I also want to know that How can I replace all Bxx:4/6 with Nxx:4/6" in one time ?

Thank you very much