Totalizer Reset

remullis

I am monitoring water flow of a pump for runtime data and would like to have my totalizer reset every 24 hours automatically, can this be done?
And I would like to trend the total for 24 hours in trends. This is Rslogix.

Ok, Use GSV instruction to get date&time data, then use hour, minute. second info to reset your totalizer.
Let me know if you have used gsv intruction in the past, i can send you an example.

See attached figure.
Calendario (Calendar) is an DINT array 7 elements:
0=year, 1=month,2=day,3=hour,4=minute,5=second,7=microsecond.

If you want to reset your totalizer at 6:00:00 am then:
hour(calendar[3])=6, minute=0 and second=0

You can create an UDT, and instead of using number(0-6) use then names:
year,month,....,microsecond.

GSV_Instruction.jpg

I am creating the GSV, I have created the DINT tag called "DateTime", however when I setup this GSV and try to set the dest to DateTime[0] it gives me the following error: Invalid data type, data must match parameter data.

OK I was able to resolve the data mismatch however I get a "1" in the destination parameter.

Last edited:
Check and make sure your destination tag is a DINT tag and atleast is an array of 7 elements., once you have done that the array layout of your destination tag should be as follows:

[0] year
[1] month
[2] day
[3] hour
[4] minute
[5] seconds
[6] microseconds

The tag is setup as a DINT, this is where Im not sure. Its 32 bits so how would I go about assigning the Year, Day , Month etc for the existing tag? Also, I cant download to the processor while the equipment is running so can this be done during run mode without a download?

When I expand the DateTime (DINT) tag right now its greyed out on all 32 bits.

Thanks
Rich

DateTime should be the Dest of GSV and like previous reply format is DINT array of 7

Entered on your GSV at DEST should be DateTime[0] (First element of array)

Attribute name should be selected from drop down as LocalDateTime or something like that different in different versions of Logix

@ remullis this should be pretty straight forward, the GSV instruction is what will populate your Destinations DINT array tag with the corresponding year, month, day etc. As Widelto has suggested post the code and we can take a look at it for you.

I just created a GSV without anything controlling this. The code above it is not used. I am having to do this in an existing routine so that I don't have to download.

Thanks

GSV_DateTime.jpg DateTime Tag.jpg