Siemens STL

cornbread

Lifetime Supporting Member
As I’m new to Siemens S7-300 programming I’m having difficulty understanding this valve fault handing routine. My problem is we cannot reset the valve faults.
I have FC7 network 9, see attached. When I look at the STL I see where we call FC42 also attached. When I look at that STL on FC42, I’m really getting confused. Being an old AB guy, if someone could explain what going on here it would be greatly appreciated.

Im not 100% sure but the memory bits m103.5 to m104.6 are setting the alarms for the valves. This FC looks like its writing the state of the valves / pumps to the HMI.

PS. Im new to this so take what I say with a pinch of salt

Just realised there is two FC's in this PDF. You need to see whats setting the above memory bits. As this in turn trigger the alarm. You probably find the the memory bits will have a set bit or a latch of some sort..

Last edited:
In FC 42 the CLR is just setting the RLO to 0 so the local varibles

l 0.0
l 0.1
l 0.2

are all set to 0.

The next bit is just saying if #zu is false jump to location m001 if its true then set RLO to 1 make L 0.0 (Feedback signal) true

Same with the #auf if its false jump to moo2 if #auf true then load 1 making RLO 1 assigning it to L0.1

Under M002

if either;
#fehler_auf (valve not opened) or
#fehler_zu (valve not closed)

assign L0.2 with a 1

network 2 then just transfers data to and from a location

Ive just noticed in NW 3 of FC7, the code transfer the fault word 1 from MW104 to the HMI. I would try to see what writes to that MW104 as this is what is setting your alarms...

Good luck

We think we have narrowed to down to the HMI. Forgive my use of the term alarm banner, but it apprears on the Siemens HMI that we do not have an ACK button, we have reset button set up to clear the faults in the PLC. I think we have a running tab of faults.