1734-AENT issues

draganjr

I need help getting a 1734-AENT ser b setup. I had a 1734-AENT ser a installed but it failed and I replaced it with a 1734-AENT ser b. I changed the IP address to what it needs to be. Than I login to it over internet. Changed the chasis size like normal. Reset power and all was good. But then it would start to fail and run, the Network led would flash red to green.

Series should not matter correct or do I need to change it in the PLC program to be Ser B?

Thank you

David

Dallas Morning News.

Network Status goes green for a few seconds and then flashes red for a few seconds. It alternates back and forth.

This is probably a device mis-match problem.

Check in RSLogix 5000 in the I/O tree to see if it's connecting, then faulting, then re-connecting. If the error code says that it's an electronic keying error, then you either have to re-define the module as Series B, or you have to go into the Module configuration and select "no keying".

I don't know if you can change the Series letter to B without totally removing the adapter and its sub-modules. You can try.

Okay, I am back and found that the getway is stuck on 192.168.1.1 and not 0.0.0.0 like the Ser. A. The ip address on the module needs to be 192.168.1.3. I already have another 1734 Ser A with the 192.168.1.1 with getway 0.0.0.0. Any way to fix this on the Ser B?

Possible things to check

The 1734-AENT series B can replace a series A adapter. You should check these points:

RSLinx Classic requires the new EDS (available to upload from the module),
RSLogix 5000 module profile can be the 1734-AENT/A with electronic keying "Compatible Module".
The 1756-ENBT module should have the revision 4.5 or greater.
The 1768-ENBT module should have the revision 2.1 or greater.
The 1769-L3xE controller should have the revision 17 or greater.
The 1734-AENTR will accept the module profile for the 1734-AENT. Allowing you to connect it on daisy chain networks.