1734-AENT broken? No ping and HTTP

Not sure about "loading Symbols" error.

The unit that is booting normally does it show information that you would normally see?

Its looking like your processor has lost its program, it can still go into run mode without a program.

Not sure about "loading Symbols" error.

The unit that is booting normally does it show information that you would normally see?

Its looking like your processor has lost its program, it can still go into run mode without a program.

The HMI which is booting normally shows everything like it normally does, so all graphics etc look normal, but only the measuring values are not shown, instead are xxxx (Should show nummeric values but the numbers are missing because the PointIO unit is offline as well))

It could well be the processor software as you say. Time to call the equipment supplier i think....

If the PanelView is showing xxxx then it is not reading the values from the PLC, so time to get someone who has the software and a copy of the program to redownload it.

Yes, correct, the PLC doesn't get the values as PointIO is offline also, so there is nothing to distribute. Question is, will the PointIO and HMI also start working again if the PLC has a new program?

I will get somebody in, have the program redownloaded to the plc and restart the system and just see what happens and what more steps are needed.

Hopefully they can achieve something remotely as they have to come from the UK to the Netherlands to do it. Or maby something can be done with a CF card.

Thanks a lot for everybody's help!

The HMI reads values from the PLC even if the Point IO is not working it will still have a value depending on how the program is written it could force it to zero or to maximum value. But if the PLC is not running a program then the HMI will show XXXX's.

PLC program is definitely out as the lamptest of the broken machine also doesn't work anymore, this is the most basic function of this PLC.

Manufactures is willing to send me the program so i can copy it to an SD card and re-program the PLC.

Do these PLC's accept any CF card? Due to the age of it i can imagine they will only accept a maximum size for example 64Mb or 128Mb?

Managed to find a CF card reader onboard, only thing left to find is to find a CF card.

Get the manufacturer to set the program into the SD card, and then send it too you.

Off coarse, that is an option, but we are offshore, so we cannot receive post. If i can do it by finding the proper bits onboard and receive the file by mail it will probably saves weeks in getting the equipent up and running.

As far as I know. there's no way to force the PLC to load the program off the card without using the software, unless it was already set to do so. Given that it's (by all appearances) dumped it's program and has not reloaded it from an existing card, I strongly suspect it's not.

If you can get a copy of the program, your best option is probably to download and install the software and just download directly. Note that all settings will revert back to the state they were in when the manufacturer took their last backup.

The software operates under a 7-day grace period, so you can at least get the program downloaded without a license. You may need to contact your local Rockwell representative to get link to download the files.

As far as I know. there's no way to force the PLC to load the program off the card without using the software, unless it was already set to do so. Given that it's (by all appearances) dumped it's program and has not reloaded it from an existing card, I strongly suspect it's not.

If you can get a copy of the program, your best option is probably to download and install the software and just download directly. Note that all settings will revert back to the state they were in when the manufacturer took their last backup.

The software operates under a 7-day grace period, so you can at least get the program downloaded without a license. You may need to contact your local Rockwell representative to get link to download the files.

Okay, we will see if it is possible or not. Otherwise i can connect a laptop to the system and they can work remotely via Teamviewer. (Fast Starlink internet onboard here) Then they should be able to do whatever they need to do.

The person who wrote the software for the system is involved as well now, he most likely also made the last changes to it. So i am pretty sure we/they will manage to re-program the PLC and have the latest program version available.

Since you have good Starlink service, the simplest thing to do will probably be for your equipment OEM to connect their own Studio 5000 software to the controller using your PC as a bridge.

TeamViewer is a good mechanism for that purpose using its VPN feature and some simple static routing commands on your PC and the remote user's PC.

A PLCTalk veteran has written an excellent guide to connecting to a PLC using a remote instance of TeamViewer with its VPN feature. It's written specifically for Siemens controllers, but it works just the same with Allen-Bradley. Siemens liked it so much it's a popular download on their own support website.

The archive of it is here:

http://www.plcs.net/downloads/index...w to setup Teamviewer VPN.pdf&directory=Misc&

Often when this comes up I also jump into the discussion to remind folks that when you're using a routed connection to a controller via TeamViewer like this, the controller needs to have its Default Gateway address set for the local IP of the TeamViewer PC.

Fortunately this is easy for the local user to do with RSLinx Classic Lite, which requires no activation to use. When they're done downloading new software or making edits or whatever they need to do, they can change it back so that the controller works with whatever routers or other network functionality it needs to.

Thanks both of you!

Still awaiting reply from manufacturer about the program for the PLC.

But above might be very helpfull. They also might know these options as their main market is offshore installations, so remote programming might be bussiness as usual for them.

Not long ago we had a similar issue with a crane. Manufacturer took over our laptop using teamviewer and and they just installed their programming software on it and removed it afterwards.