1734-AENT upgrade firmware

I had a 1734-AENT point IO adapter go bad. It was a series A F/W 3.006

I order a replacement, however it was a 1734-AENT series A F/W 1.033

I have installed it, but when I try to change the major revision in the project from 3.006 to 1.033 it complains that:

"Failed to modify properties.

Failed to set the 'Major' property (One or more modules in chassis are configured for Unicast and Unicast is not supported by this module's major revision)"

So I figured I need to upgrade the firmware and downloaded the latest firmware from the rockwell site (F/W 3.012). However even after downloading and installing the Controlflash firmware patch, when I open up controlflash and select the 1734-AENT, then select the adapter in the ethernet driver and click next, it doesn't allow me to select any firmware to upgrade. The selection screen comes up but it is not populated by anything.

Any ideas?