mp277 history problem

Topec Topec

Hello,

Our customer has got a Siemens touchpanel that.( MP277 ,10 '' screen). The screen is operating since 2008 and is programmed with wincc 2008 sp1. Last tear the screen was converted to a new screen Also a MP277 ,10 '' screen. and converted to Wincc 2008 SP3.
The problem is the alarm history. Since the screen was in commision in 2008 the alarm history dissapeared after 3 days never to come back. until this day in 2014 when the screen is downloaded again the alarm history disapears after 3 days.When the screen was changed last year the problem remaind. So it has to be a setting in wincc.
The screen is connected with a profibus connection to the CPU.
Now the client ordered a new screen a mp377,15 '' screen. so i like to make it good now.
Can someone help me?

For the regular buffering of alarms, it is normal that the log entries aren't kept if panel is powered down for a longer period. It has nothing to do with the software version.

If you need alarms to be logged and kept permanently, you should configure an alarm archive. I think it requires an archives license on the panel. The alarms will then be logged to a flash card in the panel.

thx Jesper,
But the HMI is never powered down. but if i understand you correctly i have to look in the memmory buffering of the HMI.
Or give it a external memory

Another cause can be download of a new runtime program or firmware.
And another can be that the system function ClearAlarmBuffer has been programmed.
Or the alarm setting "Percentage of buffer deletion on buffer overflow" has been changed from the default 10% to 100%.
I also cannot rule out that there is an issue caused by the firmware. But then I think we should have heard about it.

Anyway, if having a permanent storage of alarms is important, then simply using the buffered alarm memory is not enough.
You should look into the WinCC Flexible online help topic Working with alarms .. Alarm Logging.

I agree with you if it was a frimware problem i wasn't the only one with it.
The settings are all correct. maybe that ClearAlarmBuffer can externaly be triggerd.

Well it ain't that important but only having 3 days of alarm history is a bit strange