PanelBuilder32 & @All Triggers

rta53

Lifetime Supporting Member
We had a company do a PanelView application for us and when they were set up the alarming they used @All Triggers for every alarm trigger as you see below. I have not been able to find anything in the documentation that explains how this is done. In the ladder logic each alarm is assigned a bit located in words N167:0 to N167:4 but I don't understand how this translates to @All Triggers.

alarm triggers_jp.jpg

Hi all!

Does anyone know where that KnowledgeBase item that Eric linked to has been moved to?

I have tried to find it on the Rockwell site but cannot locate it.

Or do you have any information on the Alarm Tag (System tag?) "@All Triggers" that is available for selection when setting up Alarm Triggers in PanelBuilder32.

Thanks Rich

Last edited:
look at the properties screen for the alarm messages.

in the tag register, it will tell you the address.
your alarms are triggered typically by the value in a register(integer registers)

the value to the right of the message is the message number to display according to the value in the integer file.

regards,
james

Thanks RTA and thanks James.
The TN# doesn't mention the "@All Triggers" selection. So it doesn't appear to answer your original question RTA?

Am I looking at the correct link? It links to a .pdf called "Alarm Application Note.pdf"

http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/rockwellautomation.cfg/php/enduser/fattach_get.php?p_sid=39PRoW1j&p_li=&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_tbl=9&p_id=18249&p_created=1186065467&p_olh=0

RTA, have another look at your post in 2004, did you get an answer to your question?

Regards Rich

James, I have read your reply again but do not understand. Are you providing an answer to RTA's post No.1 above? (I am asking the same question as in RTA's post 1)
Rich.

Rich,

I'm pretty sure this is the same Application note that Eric Nelson referred me to. I also noticed that it did not refer to @All Triggers. I don't think it really helped me but that may have just been my ignorance. I rarely use PanelBuilder32 anymore. We primarily use RSView.

Randy A.

@All Triggers ?

Thanks Randy,

It's strange that so few people (if any) know anything about this issue, even the Tech Support guys at Rockwell appear to be struggling. I have had a reply from them but it did not address the primary issue "what is the @All Triggers tag?"

The selection "@All Triggers" as a trigger tag, is available for selection even in a new project before any user tags are loaded?!

And as you originally posted, can be used in the Alarm configuration trigger tag settings and WILL function!

It probably doesn't matter too much and I am making too much of it! it's just that I hate struggling with a configuration like PV (std) alarms where a config setting appears available but is not explained. In which case I may be missing out on something very useful or very important.

Anyone else?

Rich.

Okay, now you guys have my curiousity piqued. I have followed the links, and searched the knowbase, PB32 help etc, but I still don't know what @All Triggers means...

Anybody?

Hi Paul,

Thanks for looking, I also found nothing!

I have replied to Rockwell asking them to look at my question again. (RA UK)(their answer was nothing to do with "@All Triggers" even though my question was specific)

If I get an answer I will post here. (I mean a 'solution')

Rich.

Anyone else with comments on @All Triggers?

If you are trying to get an answer from Rockwell through the online support I hope you have better success than I have. The automated answers are usually not helpful and if someone does respond you have no way to follow-up with the person.

rta53 said:
If you are trying to get an answer from Rockwell through the online support I hope you have better success than I have. The automated answers are usually not helpful and if someone does respond you have no way to follow-up with the person.

o_O Mmmm... right.... well, I've just sent them another email, fingers crossed!

Rich.

Rockwell Response

OK, as promised, here's the answer I have just received from Rockwell.

I haven't studied it yet, but it looks fairly comprehensive and "ON TOPIC" this time!

I have to go out now, will comment later.
Your comments appreciated in the meantime.

ATB Rich
PS: but the link they sent doesn't seem to work?
-----------------------------------------------------------------

RESPONSE....

Richard:

In response to your Rockwell Automation technical support enquiry regarding PanelBuilder 32 alarm messages.
Question
Operation of @ALL_TRIGGERS
Answer
Operation of @ALL TRIGGERS under alarm messages tab.

When @ALL TRIGGERS is selected as a trigger under alarm messages, the panelview monitors all defined triggers for that bit or value.

Example:
Trigger tags:
N10:0, N11:0, N12:0, N13:0

Alarm messages:
value, text, trigger
1 alarm1 @ALL TRIGGERS
2 alarm2 @ALL TRIGGERS
3 alarm3 @ALL TRIGGERS
4 alarm4 @ALL TRIGGERS

If alarm triggers are set as bit:
N10:0/1 or N11:0/1 or N12:0/1 or N13:0/1 will trigger alarm1
N10:0/2 or N11:0/2 or N12:0/2 or N13:0/2 will trigger alarm2
N10:0/3 or N11:0/3 or N12:0/3 or N13:0/3 will trigger alarm3
N10:0/4 or N11:0/4 or N12:0/4 or N13:0/4 will trigger alarm4

If alarm triggers are set as value:
N10:0=1 or N11:0=1 or N12:0=1 or N13:0=1 will trigger alarm1
N10:0=2 or N11:0=2 or N12:0=2 or N13:0=2 will trigger alarm2
N10:0=3 or N11:0=3 or N12:0=3 or N13:0=3 will trigger alarm3
N10:0=4 or N11:0=4 or N12:0=4 or N13:0=4 will trigger alarm4

Please click on the following linked Knowledgebase tech note for guidance on your query:
http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/rockwellautomation.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=20180

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,