Drive Question - Inertia compensation

arocon

Could anyone please tell me how can understand the inertia compensation in the drive program is good. The reason i am telling it that whenever winder(Steel mill) is speeding up sometimes tension feel loose, so it wrapping is sometimes is loose. Though it is not all the time, only some occasion.

Could anyone please help what need to be done.

Could anyone please tell me how can understand the inertia compensation in the drive program is good. The reason i am telling it that whenever winder(Steel mill) is speeding up sometimes tension feel loose, so it wrapping is sometimes is loose. Though it is not all the time, only some occasion.

Could anyone please help what need to be done.

Not too much info here, but, in general, inertia comp is attempting to compensate for the changing mass of the wound reel/roll/coil, as it builds up. The primary information needed as an input to this function is, of course, diameter.