receive data from B&R ex282 bus controller

faisal8017

hello everyone.
there is system in which B&R powerpanel 4pp220-1043-75 communicating with B&R ex282 bus controller card via ethernet . on rack with bus controller card there are DI DO and AI cards are available.i have to connect another system and access the AI channel value. can i get the data if i connect another CPU with the existing ex282 card on enthernet ?o_O i can not change anything in running (existing) system. or if there is another solution plz guide me.

Hello faisal,
I am pretty sure you can not connect one bus controller to two cpus (that is what I understood ?).

You have to receive them from the other cpu.
or you have to split the signals (electrically)

you dont need to change the program of the other cpu. if you know the names of the variables you can write a new task that is gaining access to the original variables via PV_.... function blocks (! read access). in this new task you can send them via Ethernet or in other way outside. the new task is in no way interfering with the existing program if you don't write to the variables.

you can also access the cpu with the bus-controller cpu via PVI functions from computer (just like PLTrend is doing it) and gain access to the values. It depends on where you need them and what you want to do....

BR
BB

With powerlink version 1 there was a feature called Mult-Manager mode where one EPL master was a controlled node on another EPL master and you could use to do things like make an axis on an existing system the master of a new system. The whole thing was scrapped in favor of intelligent controlled nodes in EPLv2, but you can still use it if all your EPL devices are Type 1.

Long story short, even if you could do this withe multi-manager without changing the old project, I wouldn't. It would be easier to put an AI and AO card in the new system and read the analog value in and send it right back out to the old system. If you can modify the old project and the speed of the signal can be a little slower, you can just send it out over a communication protocol.