Quality of the ADAM I/O?

CCZ

Hi Everyone,

Longtime lurker here - Thanks for all the help you have offered in the past.

What is your opinion on the quality and robustness of the Advantech ADAM I/O modules? Specifically I am looking at the ADAM-4055.

I am sort-of stuck with Modbus comms and I am going to have a few outputs (~20)spread over a large (~4 acre) area. Running wire back to the controller is always an option.

Of course I want it to be bulletproof and free :)

Thanks,

Chris

We have been using the 4050 and 4017 in the industry for the last 10 years with no problems.

I highly recommend adam IO units. I cant recall one ever failing and we have used probably a hundred or more over the years.

Similar Topics

Hi. I'm wondering which road to go. Let say I have a bunch of analog values I need to display. Let's call them RTD1, RTD2, etc. for the example...
Replies
Views
I have a plant-wide project pulling data from numerous PLCs (20-30 PLCs) into a redundant Kepware Server. We are talking 2000+ tags. I'm hearing...
Replies
Views
I just received the Panelview plus 7 performance series B. When I put my .mer file on the series B, the text quality is way worse than the series...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, A new client has an existing system that works just fine (surface water plant) but they had a falling out with the previous integrator...
Replies
Views
Ok, this probably is not a new issue but it id doing my Head in.. Firstly, GE this is the single most worst PLC platform I have used in 22 years...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom