New Allen Bradley Panelview Plus not seeing the old SLC PLC

battmiceter

I have recently replaced an old Panelview with a new Panelview Plus 1000. It communicates with the old SLC PLC over a DH+ network.

All the existing wiring is the same, ive literally just swapped the screen.

But I cant get it to display anything from the PLC and all the analogue values just display question marks.

Ive converted the old panelbuilder32 file to a factory talkview file and added the DH+ in the network comms under RSenterprise.

The PLC is node 1, ive tried the HMI as node 0, 2, 3, 4.
There are no other devices on the DH+ network, but still nothing.

Im pretty sure ive done everything right unless anyone can advise me.

Ive also been told a story that new panelviews have trouble commumicating with the old PLC's, I don't know how true this is thow.

Any advice at all would be helpful.

Thanks,

Luke.

When you setup the comms, ensure that the shortcut name is the same as the node name of your old panelview. If you look at the tags in the explorer (left hand side of screen) you will se that they have been converted and named something like ::[node name]N7:0 where node name is the node name used in the tag editor of panelbuilder32 download this to the panelview plus and it should now see your tags.

Steve

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply,

ive done as you advised and the tag name was ::[slc5046]n12:0/0

So I have called the shortcut in the comms 'slc5046'

Is this correct?

Thanks,

Luke.

Be sure that you have configured the 2711P-RN6 is the Target/Runtime tab of RSLinx Enterprise. That's the configuration that will actually run on the PanelView Plus terminal.

When you download the *.MER runtime file to the terminal, be sure to select any of the option boxes that "apply communications changes".

With any DH+ or RIO system, of course, try swapping the blue and clear wires.

If you can open up a FactoryTalk Diagnostics window on your PV+, the error messages might give you some clues about what's wrong with the communications subsystem.

When you setup the comms, ensure that the shortcut name is the same as the node name of your old panelview. If you look at the tags in the explorer (left hand side of screen) you will se that they have been converted and named something like ::[node name]N7:0 where node name is the node name used in the tag editor of panelbuilder32 download this to the panelview plus and it should now see your tags.

Steve

Steve,

A big thank you to you for the advice, it worked perfect straight away, I cant thank you enough.

Best regards,

Luke.