DO Problem - GE Fanuc 90-30

izadewa

Hi there,

We are working with GE Fanuc 90-30 with hardware configurations as follows :

1. Main rack (IC693CHS397)
2. Power Supply (IC693PWR691)
3. CPU (IC693CPU363)
4. Genius Bus Controller (IC693BEM331) --> connected to Genius Bus Interface with DI,AI and DO module
5. Ethernet Module (IC693CMM321)

We are having problem on our GE PLC. DO Module (IC670MDL740) seems not receiveing any command (LED indicator stay off) from CPU although we had forced the ladder logic into ON state. However the DI (input) module is working normally. Another thing that Genius Bus Interface (IC670GBI002) ‘OK’ LED is blinking while ‘RUN’ LED is off. Manual book says that there is ‘Circuit fault’ and ‘no CPU communication’.

Any advice to solve my problem ?

Thanks
Bagas

Steve, this is brownfield project so I think this PLC must be working fine few years ago. I come to reactivate this system. Both Analog Input and Discrete Input is just working fine right now. Do you think that the problem is in GBI002 ? I am new to this GE Fanuc so I do not know how to configure GBI. Perhaps you can give me clue about it, do we need handheld programmer ? Any way to configure GBI using Procify ME 7.0 ?

LED Status as follows :

CPU

PWR : ON (green)
OK : ON (green)
RUN : ON (green)
Battery : ON (red)

Genius bus controller

OK : ON (green)
COMM : ON (green)

Genius bus interface (IC670GBI102D)

BUS B Active : OFF
PWR : ON (green)
RUN : OFF
OK : Blinking (green)

please help me. Thanks

thanks Steve and Osman, I will check again tommorrow. Some question again from newbie :

1. Do we need mapping the I/O Module address in order to communicate with Genius Bus Interface ? If yes how to do it using Proficy ?
2. Do we need to configure GBI first ?

Mapping of the I/O points on the Field I/O drop to addresses in the PLC is done in hardware configuration. Double click on the Genius Bus Controller module in hardware configuration and open the "Global Data" tab. In the row corresponding to the SBA# (Serial Bus Address) assigned to the IC670GBI002 you should see the starting address for the discrete and analog I/O points and the number of each. The numbers of inputs, outputs, analog inputs and analog outputs must match the actual quantities installed on the Field I/O drop.
The configuration of the IC670GBI002 resides in flash memory on the module. Assuming it was correct when the unit was taken out of service, it should still be correct and not need to be touched.
I was thinking about VersaMax remote I/O drops in my earlier post when I said you don't need a Genius Handheld programmer. For Field I/O, if you have to modify the configuration of the drop, a Genius Handheld is the best tool to do it. It is possible to do it using datagrams triggered from the PLC logic, but that's not a method I would recommend for someone not already familiar with the product.

Steve, any best practices guidelines to understand how the global data works ? I read several GE manual but still not get the idea.

I have attached the screenshot of my global data configuration. Care to give some examples how to map the address ?

global data.jpg

For example, SBA#4:
The Genius Bus Controller will expect to receive 48 bits of discrete input data and 16 words of analog input data from SBA#4. It will put those 48 bits of discrete input data into PLC addresses %I0001 - %I0048. It will put the sixteen words of analog input data into PLC addresses %AI0001 - %AI0016.
The Genius Bus controller will write sixteen bits of discrete output data to SBA#4 from PLC addresses %Q0001 - %Q0016 to SBA#4.

For SBA#5, the quantities of data are the same as for SBA#4, but the addresses are different.
The Genius Bus Controller will expect to receive 48 bits of discrete input data and 16 words of analog input data from SBA#5. It will put those 48 bits of discrete input data into PLC addresses %I0049 - %I0096. It will put the sixteen words of analog input data into PLC addresses %AI0017 - %AI0032.
The Genius Bus controller will write sixteen bits of discrete output data to SBA#5 from PLC addresses %Q0017 - %Q0032 to SBA#4.

thanks Steve and Russ, in my case one DO module is not working. And I want to know its SBA address. How to read each Field I/O address so I can reconfigure global data for that DO module ??

correct me if I am wrong

The first thing to do will be to count the number of I/O on the Field I/O drop and compare that to the size of the global data. SBA#4 should have 48 discrete inputs, 16 analog inputs and 16 discrete outputs. You've already mentioned the IC670MDL740. That's a 16-point discrete output module, so the SBA for the drop causing the problem is narrowed down to SBA#$, SBA#5 or SBA#6. SBA#6 has 8 more analog channels than SBA#4 or SBA#5.
Check your fault tables in Proficy Machine Edition. If there are faults generated by the Field I/O drop, the fault table will identify the SBA that generated the fault.
There are 32 bits of status information associated with the Genius Bus Controller. Each of those bits represents an SBA. If an SBA is present on the Genius bus, the corresponding bit will be true. For SBA#0, the least significant bit of the 32 represents the presence or absence of that SBA. Monitor the status bits while you disconnect one drop to see which bit goes from on to off.

thanks for your explanation, now I think grab the idea. Actually we have 3 unit GBA and based on your explanation I think its address is SBA#4, SBA#5 and SBA#6. I will recheck each address related to its SBA.

another newbie question, where I can read 32 bit status of GBC ?

:site: