SMC flex 150 no load

You can't. All soft starters use SCRs as the power devices. An SCR works based on current flow. If there is no load connected, there can be no current flow, so nothing happens. There is then, in essence, no way to "run" a soft starter without a load, it NEEDS a load in order to "run". What you can do however, if you want to test functionality, is to connect ANY load to it; a small 3phase motor, a resistor bank, even 3 banks of light bulbs (with enough in series in each phase to lower the voltage to each bulb to its rating). Then you will run up against the "Under Load" protection, but that can be disabled in programming at Function 51 by setting it to zero.

SMC flex no load trip

Function 51: Setting is for underload tripping but
Fault 40: is no load tripping.
underload is Fault#23
no load is fault#40

Hence how to avoid no load fault