Point I/O 4-20ma analog input bit range

drummin89

I am installing a 4-20ma distance sensor on a piece of equipment that has a remote I/O cabinet that uses devicenet Point I/O cards. The analog input card is a 1734-IE2C.

The distance sensor will be used to measure level in a hopper so in the end I'm looking for a 0-100% value.

The PLC is a controllogix 1756-L61.

The bit value is 16bit. I found a document that says 4ma = 3277 and 20ma = 16383.

I don't have the DeviceNet file (.dnt) available for this project so I can't open the configuration up in RSNetWorx. Do the inputs need to be configured or can they only be setup one way?

Thank-You!

Similar Topics

Hi Guys, I was given a task to configure using level setpoint to have an output of 4-20ma equivalent using GE Fanuc 9070. Is this possible? If...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a Armour Point 4-20mA input module with a HART compatible transmitter on it. I cannot for the life of me get the HART to talk to my...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm on a customer site and having difficulty setting up a Siemens DR21 controller so that it will use an external 4-20mA signal as...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have some problem with View Point which I'm using to manual control of conveyors. On begin when in network was only PLC and HMI View Point...
Replies
Views
I have a bunch of tags in Historian/VantagePoint that off by one decimal point. I looked into the HMI displaying the same number, and the HMI is...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom