Panel builder error (4092)

John Phillips

Hello, can anyone help as I am new to AB plc's and panelviews. I have panelbuilder 32 version 03.80.00 and a panelview 550 2711-K5A5 ser F FRN 3.14 which I can upload from, modify the program and download to but if I open a new application, write the software and try to download to the panelview the error (4092)-application file is an incompatible firware version appears. I have tried several times but with the same outcome. Am I over looking something obvious or just plain stupid???? Any advice will be gratefully received, thanks John.

Catalog & Revision numbers

When you start a new application there is a button that says "Catalog & Revision Numbers". Press this buuton and then you can pick the firmware that your PanelView uses.

John,
When you upload the file, the terminal configuration is also recovered. Check this against what you are trying to download. The target device or type should be the same. You may be dealing with a firmware version error, check your developement software compatability with the firmware on the PV device. If you uploaded the file with a newer revision that is upward compatable it will most likely not be able to re-download to the device until it is also at the same revision level.

Bitmore

Last edited:
Sorry to revive such an old thread....

But I did a google on this error, and this thread came up. While the information contained was helpful, I just wanted to add a couple things in case someone ran across the same problem I had.

As Bitmore stated this was my problem, but I was looking to solve it in the wrong place.

To look in the correct place, do the following:
  • Open the project tree on the left side of the PanelBuilder 32 screen.
  • Expand Application settings.
  • Click on Terminal Setup.
  • Then look right under the Terminal name where it says selected Terminal. This info (both catalog # and firmware revision) should match the terminal you are going to download to.
  • If it does not match, click on the Catalog and Revisions button near the bottom and then select the matching Panelview.
  • After you click OK, the software will update the program so that when you now try to download all will be well.